The South Lakes LP climate action group led in organising a joint activity at the Birdcage (Kendal) on Thursday October 21st (12pm to 4.30pm) to raise awareness of Pushpanath (‘Push’) Krishnamurthy’s walk from London to the Glasgow COP26. See www.gopushgo.co.uk.
We asked members of the public to read and sign a giant greetings card, saying: “The people of the Lake District choose opportunity and hope. We call on all politicians at COP26 to
• Acknowledge the climate emergency;
• Commit to actions to slow the rise in global temperatures;
• drastically limit greenhouse gas emissions immediately;
• Introduce measures to protect the environment and biodiversity;
• Promote climate justice between the peoples of the world;
• Create a sustainable planet for future generations;
• Support fairer trading practices across the world.”
We had members of the Quakers, Global Justice Now, Kendal Fair-trade, the LibDems, XR South Lakes, Burneside Community Energy, and Green Footsteps Limited helping with the stall on the day.